Thursday, March 27, 2008
An update on our sweet boy!
I wish I could say that Matthew is all better, but not yet! On Tuesday, Matthew had an allergic reaction to the medication and broke out in hives. At first, they were just on his legs, then spread to his stomach and the back of his neck, but last night they were everywhere! This morning he woke up with his right eye swollen shut and his sweet little face was just covered in spots. I took him back to the doctor to make sure that the hives had not spread to his ear ways or mouth and air ways! Luckily they hadn't and we are hoping and praying that they won't! He is on Benadryl around the clock and I am finally starting to see some improvement! Luckily, the Benadryl doesn't really have an effect on him either way; he's not wired, but it doesn't knock him out either! My heart just breaks for him! He's just not himself and we all can't wait until this is over! It's just been one thing after another for 2 weeks, so when this is over...we are going to celebrate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hang in there Jen. Even though it may seem really tough right now, just think, you get to have all of this great one on one time with him. We love you and will keep him in our prayers.
He is in our prayers to get better. Take care and know taht many people are praying and supporting you guys! Say hi to the hubby for Mike & I.
I feel your pain & stress! hope he gets better soon.
Oh my gosh - your poor little guy! Hope he gets better soon!
Holy cow! Let's just throw it all together huh? Sorry he is still feeling sick and the symptoms are getting more exotic than a common cold. Hang in there and keep being supermommy!
Oh my goodness. I am so sorry Jen. That must be so frustrating. I hope things turn around for the better very very very soon.
Post a Comment