Monday, January 14, 2008

Our family trip!

Here's a little update on what's been going on with our family the last month:
We went to Connecticut to visit my family for Christmas. Matthew and I were there for 3 weeks (which was awesome!) and Scott was there for 10 days! We had a blast! It snowed the first few days we were there, so we got to play around until it all melted! :( Scott and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary while we were there, so my parents watched Matthew and we went on a little over-nighter; just the two of us! It was weird not having Matthew, but we had a lot of fun! And we got to sleep in! WOW! We went tubing in Woodbury Connecticut! That night we went to the mall and did this bungee cord jumping thing! Then spent the night at a near-by resort! It was a lot of fun! Here are some pictures of our trip:Scott and I after a day of tubing!

I wish we lived at this Woodbury! :)
This was a lot of fun!

We had a lot of fun tubing, but I think both of us would admit that the best part of the tubing was watching other people do stupid things or go flying off the tube! It was hilarious! Luckily, neither of us got hurt, although when Scott went up the bank, his tube came out from underneath him and he landed on the hill with no tube! But he just ran down the hill and jumped back on! :) I wish I would have caught that on video! haha :)
Matthew did awesome with my parents, he didn't even notice we were gone! :)

We had a wonderful Christmas! We have lots of traditions at our house and one of them has always been to sleep in until 9 or 10am. Even when we were little, we always slept in! But Matthew woke us all up at 7:30am, so that tradition didn't happen this year! Matthew didn't really get the whole idea of opening presents, but he did enjoy eating the wrapping paper!
Here are a couple of pictures from Christmas:
Another tradition at our house is we all get pajamas on Christmas Eve (can you tell who helped decorate the tree?)
Matthew's favorite gift...BALLS!!!! He can't get enough of them! Unfortunately, I had to take them all away because he kept biting big chunks out of them and I found a big chunk in his diaper one morning that made the trip down his digestive system! So we'll have to get him some that he can't bite! On that note, for Christmas, my dad certified Scott and I in CPR and the Heimlich maneuver (which has already been used!) We learned that Matthew has razor sharp teeth when I found the corner of a plastic remote control which Matthew somehow managed to bite off!
Matthew has grown so much over the last month...it's wonderful! While we were home, my parents and my sisters walked Matthew around and around and around in circles! He lost 3 pounds and is almost walking on his own! He also learned how to say "dog" because he loves our dog, Mogley! Mogley wasn't such a big fan of Matthew at first, but a couple days into our trip, they became quite the little pair! Mogely would follow Matthew around as we walked him around the house and when Mogley wasn't following, Matty would click his tongue at him and Mogley would run right up to him! It was so cute! My Grandma and Grandpa Greer and my Aunt and Uncle and cousins drove up from Georgia while we were there to meet Matthew! My uncle Tom affectionately calls Matthew, "Matty B"! It was so wonderful to see them and we are so grateful they made that trip! I wish I could put up the pictures, but they are on the computer in Connecticut, so my mom is going to send us the CD! I will put those pictures up as soon as I get them!
We had so much fun! It's so hard to live so far away from my family and we miss them so much, but we were so grateful that we could enjoy such a long trip and can't wait until the next one! I'm crossing my fingers that we can't live closer one day!
Since we have got home, Matthew has got a lot more confident with walking and will walk along the walls! He's enjoying the new toys that Santa brought him and cut a new tooth...bringing the total to 8 teeth! He's ready for steak! :)
We hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and I will put more pictures up as soon as I get them! :)


4 comments:

The Huffaker Family said...

It sounds like you guys had an awesome Christmas!!!! Happy belated anniversary...Tony and I thought of you guys, but we didn't want to interrupt with a phone call! :) Matthew sounds like the typical, healthy baby...always sticking whatever he can into his mouth!!! Eight teeth?!!! Wow...he is almost ready for a steak! Thanks for posting about your trip!! All of your pictures are so cute!! We love you all so much!

Leslie said...

What a great trip!! We hope to be able to see you soon for Mindy's wedding. Matthew is soo cute. And I love Scott's name on the tree - he is so humble!

Nancy Boyce said...

What fun pictures. Well, now is the time that everything has to go sky high because if you don't, Matthew will not only find it, but will eat it!

The Ursenbach Family said...

Don't worry Jen. Just overfeed Scott so he gains enough "fluff" to be able to withstand the cold and you can move there. Remember, just fatten him up so that California is too hot and he just HAS to move to somewhere cooler!