Matthew is a very early teether! He cut his first 2 teeth at 4 months! He had 8 teeth (4 on the top and 4 on the bottom) by his 1st birthday! Now he is cutting 2 top molars! Last night they were so swollen it hurt to sleep on his back because either way he laid his head, it was putting pressure on his swollen gums! So we dosed him up on Tylenol, teething tablets and teething gel and he was finally able to sleep!
The problem is, the only thing that he can get all the way back there to chew on, is his finger! And since part of the tooth has come through, it hurts when he bites himself! So last night after he went to bed, I ran to the grocery store and bought some carrots! When I was a nanny and my kids were teething, I would freeze a carrot and give it to them to chew on! It was perfect! The cold was soothing and they could get it all the way back there! I put an old infant sock on the bottom, so his little hands didn't get cold and he is loving it!
Let's hope those teeth pop out soon!
Let's hope those teeth pop out soon!

5 comments:
That is a great idea! I would have never thought to do that! You are so smart!!!
Smart mom! I have never heard of that. It is a miracle that my kids every survived teething with me!
Teething is the worst! Good idea with the carrots.
You are so smart!! I will have to use that trick someday... :)
Jenn, you are such an amazing mom! What a great solution to teething issues! I will be storing that in my brain for future use.
Post a Comment