Tuesday, March 18, 2008

He just can't catch a break!

On top of his bronchitis (which I just learned tonight is what Matthew has), little Matty now has an ear infection in his left ear and one quickly developing on his right ear! So we started a new prescription tonight to try and quickly kill that infection before it gets really bad! I feel so sorry for my little baby and wish so much there was some way that I could do it for him! He really is being a trooper! He was very clingy all day and just wanted to snuggle (and of course I love that part), but that is my red flag for an ear infection! That and the waking up in the middle of the night! So we dosed him up on all his medications tonight (which luckily don't interfere with each other) and put him to bed! It was the fastest he has fallen asleep for a few days now! Drugs really do knock you out!
On the upside though, Matthew discovered the moon tonight at the doctors office! (Yes, we really were there until the moon came out!) For those of you that don't know...Matthew LOVES balls! Or anything shaped like a ball for that matter! So the moon was a ball that he couldn't quite reach! He kept pointing to it and saying "Ooooo"! He pointed to it even when he wasn't looking at it! He was completely fascinated! He's such a smart little boy and so eager to learn new things! Although he's been sick, he's still such a sweetheart! Children are such a blessing! And as all moms can attest...sick children make you grateful when they're healthy!

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Poor guy! Hopefully the medicine will work quick!

Nancy Boyce said...

I am so glad you caught his ear infection. When Scott was about that age, he didn't give us any sign of an ear infection; no fever no pulling at his ears. He just woke up one morning with blood all over his pillow and caked around his ear -- his ear drum has ruptured. (so if Scott ignores you, you can blame the old ear infection) I felt so bad. At least Matthew gives you some signs to watch for!

BK Sonico Family said...

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry. Being sick stinks. That poor boy. You are such a good mom. We will pray for little Matty to get better soon. No more of this. I hope you and Scott are doing good.