So this summer I was not very good about blogging, but I have a really good excuse! Since my sister got engaged, I have been working on her wedding gift! Some of you may not know, but I LOVE to quilt! I haven't taken any classes, but I have taught myself! I started when I got pregnant with Matthew and I just make them for special occasions. Scott got me a cheap sewing machine for my birthday one year and told me that he didn't want to buy an expensive one until I proved that I would use it! I have made 6 quilts and a lot of baby blankets. After this quilt, I asked Scott if I had proved that I would use it and he agreed that I had, so hopefully now I can get a nicer sewing machine!
(Sorry about the picture, it makes the quilt look like it's a weird shape!)
I worked on this during Matthew's naps and after bedtime, so it took me 2 months, but I am really happy with it! Chelsey and Miles hung it up at their reception and they really like it!

9 comments:
What a beautiful quilt! Jen, you are so talented and creative! I'm uber impressed! :)
that is really cool. we'll have to get together sometime, once ivy & collin are back in school.
Great Quilt!! I'm sure your sister will treasure it forever.
That's a wonderful quilt jen. Did you just use muslin for the pics? Have you found an easy way to sew on the appliques? I didn't know if you knew that I have taught myself as well. I have a lot of fun, but there are just a few things that I haven't quite figured out a simpler way to accomplish. Did you hand stitch that appliques or did you use a sewing machine? I love the quilt!! It's really beautiful.
WOW! I am very impressed. I am with phannie and want to know the method of getting your pics on, especially what you did to show the angled scrapbooking layers. Great job!
Answer to the question on how I got the pictures on: at Joanns they have a sew-in print-on fabric that I bought. It worked really well. The only problem with it is that you can't wash the quilt with detergent, so you couldn't use the quilt for like your bed or picnic blanket, ect.
WOW...that is really awesome. Do I hear "enrichment night" calling your name?
Having personally seen the quilt, I must admit the pictures don't due it justice for how beautiful this quilt turned out. What a memborable keepsake you created Jen for your sister. You did a wonderful job in it!
Wow - You are amazing, Jen. Good job on this quilt. Matthew is a cutie. He does have nice eyes. Hope you guys are doing well.
Post a Comment