That's right...my baby is now sleeping in a "Big boy bed"! Well...his first nap didn't start out in his big boy bed....

Yes, he quickly discovered that he can get out of bed all by himself and do whatever he wants! I put a gate up on his door, so he couldn't leave his room. I tried a few different approaches to him getting him to stay in bed and fall asleep: putting him right back in his bed without saying anything, rubbing his back, laying in bed with him (although I didn't want this to become a habit, luckily, he didn't like it!)...nothing worked! I even tried putting him back in his crib, but before I could leave the room, he had both legs up on top of his crib! (Which defeats the purpose since this is the reason we had to get a big boy bed.) So, after getting some advice from my awesome mom, I decided to just ignore him! And half an hour later...

...notice how he's asleep in between the two beds! :)
I did pick him up and put him in his bed:

Bedtime went much better (thank goodness)! He fell right to sleep and even slept in this morning until 8am! (Although I don't think it was the bed, he's been doing that since we got home from our Thanksgiving trip, but still!) Look how precious...

He makes sure all his friends are all around him: Mickey (currently his favorite thing!), "Muggles", Bear, Doggy and Pooh! And two blankies! :)
We are so lucky that Matthew adjusts to new things so well! All of these pictures are from yesterday and today, nap and bedtime went perfectly! When I ask Matthew, "Do you want to sleep in your crib or your big boy bed?" He says, "My bed!"
I can't believe how big he's getting and what a sweetheart he is! I put him down for his nap today and right after I left his room, Scott came home for lunch. Matthew didn't know he was home, but while Scott and I were eating we heard Matthew's sweet voice on the monitor saying, "I love you Dada. I love you Mama. I love you Dada. I love you Mama." It was so incredibly sweet...both Scott and I were beaming!
We love our big boy!

Yes, he quickly discovered that he can get out of bed all by himself and do whatever he wants! I put a gate up on his door, so he couldn't leave his room. I tried a few different approaches to him getting him to stay in bed and fall asleep: putting him right back in his bed without saying anything, rubbing his back, laying in bed with him (although I didn't want this to become a habit, luckily, he didn't like it!)...nothing worked! I even tried putting him back in his crib, but before I could leave the room, he had both legs up on top of his crib! (Which defeats the purpose since this is the reason we had to get a big boy bed.) So, after getting some advice from my awesome mom, I decided to just ignore him! And half an hour later...

...notice how he's asleep in between the two beds! :)
I did pick him up and put him in his bed:

Bedtime went much better (thank goodness)! He fell right to sleep and even slept in this morning until 8am! (Although I don't think it was the bed, he's been doing that since we got home from our Thanksgiving trip, but still!) Look how precious...

He makes sure all his friends are all around him: Mickey (currently his favorite thing!), "Muggles", Bear, Doggy and Pooh! And two blankies! :)
We are so lucky that Matthew adjusts to new things so well! All of these pictures are from yesterday and today, nap and bedtime went perfectly! When I ask Matthew, "Do you want to sleep in your crib or your big boy bed?" He says, "My bed!"
I can't believe how big he's getting and what a sweetheart he is! I put him down for his nap today and right after I left his room, Scott came home for lunch. Matthew didn't know he was home, but while Scott and I were eating we heard Matthew's sweet voice on the monitor saying, "I love you Dada. I love you Mama. I love you Dada. I love you Mama." It was so incredibly sweet...both Scott and I were beaming!
We love our big boy!

3 comments:
I think as a mother one of my favorite times of the day was to look at my sleeping children. They are so precious. Matthew is getting so big, I can't believe how fast he is growing. Thanks for posting these pictures.
how precious!!!!!!!he's such a big boy!
oh man I just love that little stinker. We can't wait to see you guys in two weeks. I can't believe how big my little buddy is getting. He better be practicing " Chelsey" love you guys so much
Post a Comment