Since I have become a mom, Mother's Day is my favorite holiday! Not because I get breakfast in bed, or because I don't have to clean, or because my wonderful hubby makes dinner, but because I get to celebrate being a mom...Matthew's mom! Being a mom is one of my most cherished blessings! I feel honored and humbled to have Matthew (and future children) entrusted in my care on this earth! Matthew makes Mother's Day my favorite because he made me a mom! Today, I get to celebrate Matthew and the sweet relationship that we have! I have wanted to be a mom my whole life! I looked forward to the day that I would have children and it is even better than I could have ever dreamed! It was on Mother's Day 3 years ago that we decided to bring Matthew to this earth! I LOVE being a mom! It can be hard, but at the end of the day when I tuck that little boy in bed, it makes it all worth it! Matthew (along with Scott) is my whole world! He makes me want to be better everyday! He has taught me so much and I even strive to be more like him! Matthew...I love you...thank you for being my son because I love being your mom!
Another reason I love Mother's Day is because I get to celebrate my mom! I don't think words could ever express the gratitude I have for my mother and the respect that I have for her! She is one of my best friends and I am grateful everyday that I was blessed to be her daughter! It breaks my heart that I am so far from her, but I am grateful for the times that I do get to be with her! Mom, I love you!
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
happy mother's day jenn! in the brief time that i knew you in our ward, you were always a great example to me.
Happy Mother's Day Jenn!! Hope you had a great day and that you'll use that Disneyland pass soon with us.
Jen, you are such an angel and my very favorite mom in all the world. You are a wonderful mom and of course you have a darling little boy that makes motherhood fun and challenging and very rewarding! Give him hugs and kisses for me. Love all of you so much! Mom
Post a Comment