So I decided that because it's only going to be just me and Matthew for about 5 more months, I made a list of things that I want to do with Matthew before we have to start carting a baby around. (Which don't get me wrong, I am excited to have 2, I just want to take advantage of this opportunity while I have it!)
Our first goal is to go to all the museums around here. We live so close to so many wonderful museums and Matthew LOVES to learn, so it seemed like a good way to start. Plus, most of these museums have free admission days, so how could we go wrong!
We started with the LA Museum of Natural History. This was a total score! Matthew absolutely loved this museum! He still talks about it and we went there a month ago (I know I'm slow to update my blog!) If we lived closer, I would go more often! They had all these exhibits of animals across the world. I don't know if they were life sized models or really animals that had been "stuffed" and preserved, but Matthew loved them! Especially the elephants! For some reason, elephants are Matthew's favorite animal right now! Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to get my camera to take a good picture, but here's the best I could do with the elephants!

Matthew had a blast at the Kids Center! They had so many things to explore and touch! They had an insect exhibit, but because I am absolutely terrified of spiders (and I saw a HUGE one by accident), Matthew didn't get to explore that area! We'll have to go back with Daddy one day!

Digging for dinosaur bones.


They had this dinosaur (that may or may not have been real) that had removable bones, so the kids could put the dinosaur together! It took some convincing for him to go up to the teeth!


This horn table was really cool! They had horn from all different kinds of animals for the kids to touch! Looks like Matty learned where a horn goes! :)


I love that look on Matthew's face...he's looking at the Nemo tank!

And the highlight of the day...the Butterfly exhibit! Matthew absolutely loved the butterflies! Whenever he talks about the museum, it's always the elephants and butterflies! Because it was kind of a wet, dreary day, the butterflies weren't really flying around which worked out perfectly because Matthew could get up close!





We had a such a fun day together! I can't wait for the rest of the summer, so we can do everything on our list together! I just love this little boy so much!
Our first goal is to go to all the museums around here. We live so close to so many wonderful museums and Matthew LOVES to learn, so it seemed like a good way to start. Plus, most of these museums have free admission days, so how could we go wrong!
We started with the LA Museum of Natural History. This was a total score! Matthew absolutely loved this museum! He still talks about it and we went there a month ago (I know I'm slow to update my blog!) If we lived closer, I would go more often! They had all these exhibits of animals across the world. I don't know if they were life sized models or really animals that had been "stuffed" and preserved, but Matthew loved them! Especially the elephants! For some reason, elephants are Matthew's favorite animal right now! Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to get my camera to take a good picture, but here's the best I could do with the elephants!
Matthew had a blast at the Kids Center! They had so many things to explore and touch! They had an insect exhibit, but because I am absolutely terrified of spiders (and I saw a HUGE one by accident), Matthew didn't get to explore that area! We'll have to go back with Daddy one day!
Digging for dinosaur bones.
They had this dinosaur (that may or may not have been real) that had removable bones, so the kids could put the dinosaur together! It took some convincing for him to go up to the teeth!
This horn table was really cool! They had horn from all different kinds of animals for the kids to touch! Looks like Matty learned where a horn goes! :)
I love that look on Matthew's face...he's looking at the Nemo tank!
And the highlight of the day...the Butterfly exhibit! Matthew absolutely loved the butterflies! Whenever he talks about the museum, it's always the elephants and butterflies! Because it was kind of a wet, dreary day, the butterflies weren't really flying around which worked out perfectly because Matthew could get up close!
We had a such a fun day together! I can't wait for the rest of the summer, so we can do everything on our list together! I just love this little boy so much!

No comments:
Post a Comment