Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Robert Michael Lake

Yep...we named our little munchkin...Robert Michael Lake. We named him after my dad. This was actually the name my parents picked as their boy name when my mom was pregnant with me! We have been calling him Michael, but we've talked about calling him Robert too, so I guess we'll see when he's born! (And no...he is in no way being named after Michael Jackson!) We are SO EXCITED to meet him!
My parents treated us to an utlrasound while we were visiting them and it was so awesome! Because I was only 18 weeks, the 3D ultrasound is a little freaky (because our little Michael still looks a little like an alien!), so I'm not going to post those pictures, but we got some great 2D pictures! So far, I think he looks like me, but I guess we'll have to see in 4 months! He was on the move the whole time which made it so fun! It was the most comfortable ultrasound I've ever had...I laid on this pillow-like bed and Scott, Matthew, Mom and Dad sat on couches and we all watched little Michael do a show for us! At one point, he actually waved to us! We got a CD of all our pictures and a DVD of the whole thing! Thanks Mom and Dad...that was so fun! We have another ultrasound next week...I feel so spoiled to see my little guy so much!
I am so in love with my little son already!

Michael actually sucks his thumb on his left hand and Matthew sucks his finger on his left hand! :) (As you can see in the picture above!) But as far as we can see, Michael holds his ear too!





7 comments:

Leslie said...

Hooray for baby Robbie or Mikey...either way he is gorgeous in utero!! We can't wait to meet him. ♥

Anonymous said...

Uh oh....all the world needs is another Robert... =P I like both names. VERY CUTE!

Nancy Boyce said...

Love Robert Michael's name. I am so excited for you both!

Phannie said...

He looks wonderful. When are you due again? Are you coming up for the roommate reunion in October? We (ande, you, and me) all need to take a preggie picture together.

Unknown said...

I'm excited. I can't wait to meet him

The Ursenbach Family said...

Ah ha! A thumb sucker! Congrats again!

Unknown said...

haha not being named after Michael Jackson.....MJ's still has supreme awesomeness.