We are excited to announce that we are having a girl!!! I am a wide range of emotions on it...happy, scared, shocked, and mostly excited! They told us at 12 weeks that it was a girl, but all babies look like a girl at 12 weeks, so we didn't think too much of it. But at 16 weeks, they told us again and it was 100% confirmed last week that it was a girl! So, my mom and I went shopping! If I'm going to have a girl, I wanted dresses and lots of pink! Scott and I are very excited, but Matthew is the most excited! When I told him it was a girl after the 16 week ultrasound, he said, "I know mom, I told you it was a girl!" He then wanted to have a pink party! We had pink marshmallows the next day, but he keeps reminding me that we need to have a pink party! He's absolutely adorable with her already. He comes up and lays his head on my belly and talks to her...he just can't wait until she's here! All of us can't! Her name is going to be Kaitlyn Louise Lake. Louise was my great-grandmother's name and the name has been handed down. Kaitlyn will be the 5th generation to have that name and I'm so happy to hand it down to her. I love her to death already and I can't wait to dress her up!
Here are some pictures of Kaitlyn:

Here she is at 16 weeks! Never seen an ultrasound picture like this, but she's breech! She better not get too comfortable like that!

Here she is at 20 weeks. Matthew got to come with me to this one. The ultrasound tech was so sweet and telling him everything about her body. This is actually Matthew's picture!
She is perfectly healthy and measuring right on schedule! She's a little on the hefty side weighing in at 15 oz. She's not quite as active as the boys were, but I love to feel her move! A home nurse is coming once a week to check her heart rate and give me a progesterone injection to prevent preterm labor this time around. I feel so great right now and I'm just enjoying every minute! Hopefully the pregnancy will continue like this. Kaitlyn, we love you so much and can't wait until you're here!
Here are some pictures of Kaitlyn:
Here she is at 16 weeks! Never seen an ultrasound picture like this, but she's breech! She better not get too comfortable like that!
Here she is at 20 weeks. Matthew got to come with me to this one. The ultrasound tech was so sweet and telling him everything about her body. This is actually Matthew's picture!
She is perfectly healthy and measuring right on schedule! She's a little on the hefty side weighing in at 15 oz. She's not quite as active as the boys were, but I love to feel her move! A home nurse is coming once a week to check her heart rate and give me a progesterone injection to prevent preterm labor this time around. I feel so great right now and I'm just enjoying every minute! Hopefully the pregnancy will continue like this. Kaitlyn, we love you so much and can't wait until you're here!

4 comments:
Love the new update! Can't wait for Kaitlyn to join our family! :)
I love it when you update your blog. I need to see pictures of my nephews next time! I LOVE YOU AND I LOVE KAITLYN! I can't wait to see her adorable face and watch Matthew hold her and snuggle her.
What a beautiful name for a precious new little granddaughter! I am so excited; I love making princess dresses and can't wait to make Kaitlyn a few!
YAY!!!! Congratulations! Little girls are so fun and so different from boys! You will love it! I am glad she is healthy and I will pray that your pregnancy will be better this time around! Love ya!
Post a Comment