Friday, June 26, 2009

Happy Father's Day to the Best Daddy!

We love our daddy...he's the best daddy in the whole world!


Scott is such a wonderful dad! He works so hard, but still makes time to take Matthew out and play baseball, walk to the park, wrestle, and read to him! He has so much patience for Matthew it's incredible! He loves our little baby bundle already! Seeing him hold Matthew for the first time was one of the most cherished moments in my whole life and I can't wait to see him hold and love this baby! He is so amazing and we love him so much! He's my source of strength! I feel honored the be the mom who gets to stand by his side!

So here's to you daddy! We all love you!

I couldn't let father's day go by with out saying thank you to my own dad! It's funny how my dad and my children's dad have so many of the same characteristics! I absolutely adore my dad and I don't know what I would do without him! He is also a great source of strength for me and I can always depend on him to call or send me a text right at the moment that I need it the most! Thank you dad...here's to you!



Presents for Daddy

I took Matthew to a place called Color Me Mine where you can paint pre-made ceramic things. It's actually really cool! We did it at Christmas time too. I let Matthew pick out whatever he wanted to paint for Daddy. He picked a baseball piggy bank that was wearing a hat! (He loves baseball!) He did a really good job! It now proudly sits on daddy's desk at work! We put Angels tickets inside the piggy bank! We can't wait to go to a game! :)

Matthew colored daddy's card and even wrote his own name! (Something recently learned and it's so cute!) I should have taken a close up of the baseball because it's so cute!

The baby even gave daddy a gift for father's day...a complete kit to change diapers and a certificate certifying him to be the official diaper changer! Since we don't know the gender of the baby yet, the colors were neutral! Scott was very excited! :) hehe

The kit was complete with diapers, wipes, diaper cream, rubber gloves, air freshener, goggles (for when it gets really messy), a bottle for midnight feedings, and a couple burp cloths I made. It was really fun! Scott's such a good dad that he really doesn't need something like that, but it was funny anyways!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That kit is too cute! Always the creative one!!! I hope Robert takes after Scott (as the diaper changer and the good father....not necessarily in that order...) I am bummed we aren't doing a joint couple thing this weekend but hopefully I will get to see you later in the summer. I hear you are going back east soon, have fun!!!

Michelle Lake said...

Very cute. Love the kit and I actually noticed the piggy bank at the office today. Proudly displayed on Scott's desk. Love you guys.