Thursday, June 4, 2009

Newport Beach Temple

In April Conference, there was a talk given called "Sacred Home, Sacred Temple" by Elder Gary E. Stevenson. He said, "Even our young children have been encouraged to visit the temple grounds and touch the temple. President Thomas S. Monson once counseled, “As we touch the temple, the temple will touch us." I had never thought of this before, so we
took Matthew to see and touch the Newport Beach Temple. We tried going one Sunday and on a Monday for FHE, but the grounds were closed, so we had 2 family home evenings this week. It was a perfect afternoon to go.


Matthew really loved the waterfall.

My little pouch...it doesn't look like I'm pregnant, it just looks like I had too much to eat! I started showing with Matty pretty quick too, but luckily it feels like I'm carrying this baby higher because I can still wear my pants! With Matthew, I was out of my regular pants pretty quick! In a month or two, I might actually look pregnant! :)

We taught Matthew about the Angel Moroni and how he is on the top of our temples! He was very excited about that! The pictures below are of Matthew showing us Moroni and telling us, "He's on the top!"

It was a wonderful experience and one that Matthew learned from! Every night we have to sing a song about temples! Hopefully he felt how important temples are and what a blessing they are to us! We feel so lucky to be blessed to live so close to a temple!

5 comments:

Michelle Lake said...

What a wonderful FHE!! All of you look so happy!

Scott said...

Check out my sweet photography skills-there is a palm tree coming out of Jen's head! =)

Robyn Becker said...

What a fun family experience!!! It's so touching to see kids who love the temple, too!

Taki said...

I love keepin up with the Lakes. Congrats on #2 on the way. Looks like we might be heading out your way come next year. Keep your eyes open for anyone looking for an associate dentist. I'll have to give you a call soon to catch up.

Chelsey said...

Hi. Another update please. Love You. Love Scotto. Love Matty Boy. Love Little Baby Bean. Miss you guys.