So I guess I spoke too soon when I said that we were excited not to have a high risk pregnancy this time! I had an appointment with my awesome doctor today to follow up with my labor and delivery visits. (Yes visits plural, we had to go back one more time.) My contractions have been pretty regular since Sunday...every 20 minutes. Which you may be thinking, those are really far apart, but actually, they are WAY too close together for me being only 26.5 weeks. The good news first: I'm still not dilating...thank goodness! But I am very close. I will spare all the details, but basically, I'm one inch away from strict bedrest and medication. My doctor wants me laying on my left side for at least 3 hours a day, but resting as often as Matthew will permit! So now I have to go to the doctor every 2 weeks and we're off to a Perinatologist again. I'm really hoping we can see the same Perinatologist that we saw with Matthew, but we will see when they call who is available. I have to go back to my doctor tomorrow to do a protein test that will tell us whether little Michael will be here in the next 2 weeks! Ahh! A little scary to think about, but we are putting all our trust in the Lord and knowing that He will take care of our tiny son! My doctor told me before I left the office, "I'm really hoping we can get you to at least 28 weeks!" I think my heart fell right into my feet! I've known there was a small chance we would have him early, but to hear my doctor actually say that out loud made me a little nervous. Luckily, little Michael is so strong! He's growing great and his heart rate is right on! He moves a ton which I absolutely love and brings me peace every time he jabs me! I just have to soak up every little movement before I won't be able to feel it anymore! We had an ultrasound today too and Matthew was excited to see his little brother again. Although he did say, "Wow, that's a little scary!" It is a little scary to see their eyeballs over an ultrasound!
Please keep our little Michael in your prayers! Hopefully the protein test will come back negative tomorrow and I can continue to cook our little baby for as long as possible!
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
I hope you keep him in as long as possible too.
Did your doc give you/or planning on giving you the shot to help his lungs develop faster?
I love you guys and hope Michael is fine and keeps cooking.
Wow. Best wishes for you and your little one. We will keep you in our prayers.
Keep that boy a cookin'! You are in our prayers.
We will continue to pray for all of you. Every day is critical for both of you. We love you so much.
Post a Comment