Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Ticking bomb!

So we have made it 2 weeks...yah! But everyday I wake up wondering, "Is today the day that I'm going to explode?" I literally feel like a ticking bomb and that shouldn't happen for another 2 months at least! I continue to have contractions, but not enough in an hour to send me to the hospital. There have been a few of times where I will have 3 in hour and I will say to myself, "If this continues for another hour, I'm going in!" But then they slow down. Michael continues to move a ton which is very reassuring and I absolutely love it! It's been quite a bonding experience for me especially when I pretty much can't do anything else! I feel like I'm nesting because I keep coming up with all these things I need to do to get ready for Michael, but about 75% of them, I can't do! Tomorrow I have an appointment with the perinatolgist, so I guess we'll see what kind of progress has been made...although hopefully none! What I would love is for her to say, "It looks like everything has gone back to normal! You can go ahead and just enjoy the next 3 months!" But that's next to impossible! I have no idea what to expect...it's a little unnerving!
Matthew on the other hand can't understand why Michael can't come right now! He comes up with new things daily that he wants to do with Michael! He told me the other day that Michael really wants to go to Disneyland and ride the Buzz ride with Matthew! It was very sweet! He is also excited to bring him to church for some reason! And he wants Michael to take a bath with him! I don't know how to explain that it will probably be a while before Michael actually gets to come home with us and a lot longer after that before I will actually take him out of the house, but a 2 year old can only understand so much! We will deal with that when it comes! I continue to be amazed by his love for his little brother he hasn't even met yet!
Matthew and I have been trying to keep busy despite everything. We are very excited for Halloween. Shockingly, Matthew has chosen to be Buzz Lightyear for Halloween and has made assignments to my parents and sisters for their Halloween costumes as well as Scott and I. We decided today to start decorating for Halloween, so I pulled out some of my supplies from teaching and we made a few homemade decorations for Matthew's playroom. They turned out so cute!

I especially love the ghosts because we traced Matthew's feet and then Matthew made their faces. I think they turned out so darling! Matthew also did a great job on the pumpkins! We have a few more things that we are hoping to make, but I wanted to get a jump start before I can do absolutely nothing!
I don't know what I would do without my Matty to keep me busy! :)

No comments: