Friday, September 25, 2009

A Tribute to My Little Superman


With everything that has been going on and changing in our lives lately, Matthew has been absolutely amazing! So when he saw this Superman shirt and asked for it, I felt it only appropriate! Saying that I love and adore this little man is the understatement of the year! I could never put into words how much I love him! He has the most patience of any 2 year old I have ever met and a heart made of gold! Everyone around Matthew can see a very special light in his eyes and countenance that radiates and makes you want to be with him and talk to him! It brings tears to my eyes to see how much he already loves his little brother Michael! He tells me often that he can't wait to give him hugs and kisses that are "special from Matthew" as he says. I know that it was no coincidence that Matthew was sent to our home first; to be the example and protector. I cannot wait to see a relationship develop between my two boys and see Matthew's sweet love for little Michael in action! Matthew has been so strong the last 2 weeks as he has been run from doctor's appointments to the hospital to a new house to friend's and family's houses and all over...he has been Superman to say the least! I can tell in his sweet eyes that he's not always happy about it, but he is a trooper through it all! I don't know what I would do without him and his strength! I am proud to be the mother of this little Superman!

*I will update later with Michael news...he's still cookin!*

2 comments:

The Ursenbach Family said...

Matty looks so grown up! My goodness, its hard to see him as the baby anymore!
Julie

Michelle Lake said...

Hang in there Jen. We love you.