Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween Weekend with Poppe!

Even before my mom came out to help us, my dad planned on coming out for Halloween weekend because Matthew asked him to be Woody for Halloween. My dad just couldn't say no to that! :) Matthew was in HEAVEN with his Granin and Poppe here for the weekend! All day Friday, Matthew kept saying, "Guess what? Poppe's coming!" He was exploding with excitement all the way to the airport! On Saturday morning, we went to the park to play baseball. I took my chair, so I could at least watch. It was a fun morning and I was so happy to be involved!






This was a Matthew invented game...he would throw the ball on the roof and Scott and dad would hit it over his head! Matthew was giggling like crazy!
Here's Matthew trying it from the inside:


Our Ward Trunk or Treat was on Saturday afternoon, so we hit up that party first. I again brought my chair, so I could be involved in something Halloween with my son. (We had lots of fun things planned for this month that either didn't happen or I didn't get to be involved in, so I wanted to at least see this!)



Ahh...can you see why I fell in love with my husband...that face is irresistible! :)

After the party, the boys went out Trick or Treating around our neighborhood. I was aching so much, so I had to stay home on the couch, but they had fun! We ended up with way too much candy (which of course I have been eating all week!) It was a fun Halloween!

On Sunday, Matthew just had to wear my dad's Woody costume, which of course was way too big, but I got some really cute pictures! The one on the right just cracks me up!


After church, we went over to the lake to feed the ducks which one of Matthew's favorite activities and he hasn't been able to do it for a while!


The weekend went WAY too fast, but we were so happy that he came to visit! Matthew was not happy about taking Poppe to the airport! He kept begging to let him go with Poppe! I'm sure that dad was exhausted when he got home, but it meant so much to us that he came to see us even if it was a short visit! We love you Poppe! Thank you so much for a fun weekend! We can't wait too see you soon!


3 comments:

Leslie said...

You'll have to do this again next year and Michael can me Mr. Potato Head and you can be Jesse and your Mom can be Bo Peep! So fun! Love all the pictures.

Laura and David said...

jen, i totally laughed thinking about matthew last year on halloween. his costume was soo hot! and he didn't want to take the head part off so he was so sweaty. so funny. i hope you are doing well. sorry i never call or visit. addison has picked up a new sickness month. her doctor said it's normal to catch virus after virus at this age. anyway, good luck with you're upcoming weeks!

Nancy Boyce said...

Fun weekend. I am glad your dad could come!