At 12:26am on Thanksgiving morning our little Michael made his appearance into the world! He is absolutely adorable and we are so THANKFUL he is here and even more THANKFUL that he is healthy! He weighed 6lbs. 12oz. and was 18 inches long...he's little, but is doing well!
Yesterday afternoon, I had some light spotting and more sporatic contractions, so we came to Labor and Delivery (for the 3rd time this week..8th time overall) to make sure everything was okay. I was dilated to 4 cm and the doctor on call was nervous to send me home, but because I was only 36 weeks, she didn't want to induce me either, so she sent us to walk around the hospital. After walking, I was dilated to 6 cm, so they admitted me. The contractions were regular, but didn't get painful until about 10:00pm. The rest went so fast I can't even believe it or really remember all the timing, but at 12:00am the contractions were really intense, so I asked for an epidural. I really wanted to do this birth natural, but I got tired and nervous. Michael had plans of his own...my water broke/exploded on it's own at 12:15am and I told the nurse I needed to push. She ran to get the doctor and she got there just in time. I told the doctor that I needed the epidural, but she told me there was no time! And she was right...I pushed for about 2-3 minutes and he was here! (The anesthesiologist showed up after Michael was here.)
He did spend about 5 hours in the NICU because he was moaning when he was breathing. Scott stayed with him and we were told that because he didn't cry hard enough when he was born that the air sacks in his lungs didn't open fully which was causing him to moan and whimper. After a few hours and a priesthood blessing, he was released and spent the day with us.
He is absolutely incredible and we are totally in love! He is a champion nurser! Once he figured out where the food was, he hasn't let go. He seems to be even more snuggly than Matthew was and has slept great! Because of the swine flu precautions, Matthew isn't allowed in the hospital to see Michael, so we are looking forward to going home tomorrow and being all together!
Scott and I can't be more thankful on this Thanksgiving day than we are for our new son and his heath and strength! We are so thankful to all our friends and family who have offered many prayers on our behalf! Thinking back over the last 13 weeks, it brings tears to my eyes to think of the countless hours of service to our family and prayers for our little Michael. The Lord has truly heard and answered our many prayers and blessed us with a sweet and healthy baby. We couldn't have picked a more appropriate birthday for our little miracle.
I will update with more pictures later, but trust me...he's perfect and adorable!
Friday, November 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

13 comments:
Hooray! He is here! Congrats! We love you! His cousin will be here soon, too!
congrats jen & scott!
just wanted to add, 6 lbs 12 oz. is, in my opinion, a pretty decent weight/size for coming 4 weeks early.
Congratulations Jen! Thanksgiving is a truely appropriate birthday for him! He is totally adorable and I am glad all is well! Love ya!
Yeah! He is here. That's so wonderful. Healthy, wonderful baby boy. He was such a good size. He is my size. Congratulations.
Congratulations Jen (and Scott). You have gone through so much to ensure Michael a healthy start in life. We are so grateful for your patience and love for this little guy. We can hardly wait to see him but will wait until next weekend so you can have some time to recover! Love you all!
Jen, I am so happy for you and your family. You have seriously been in my thoughts and prayers these last few weeks. What an amazing Thanksgiving treat!
He is soo cute! Can't wait to hold him. Hope you are recovering well Jen. Love you guys!
Congrats on bringing a healthy little guy into the world! You have certainly put in more work than the average bear!
Good work Jen! You did awesome! Congrats!!!
Glad he is here and healthy! I hope everything is going well!
Sweet action Scottie boy. Of course my phone wasn't equipped to open your text (probably still charged me, urrr). Some things never change. Hope all is well.
Congrats on your bundle of joy! Enjoy every
minute. It goes by faster for number two. Love you guys!
Post a Comment