Sunday, September 26, 2010

Please pray for my sweet Ben

Those of you that know me really well, know that I use to babysit for a family that has 6 boys. Before I had my boys, I loved them more than anything! Their mom was my young women leader and is now one of my best friends and we keep in close contact. One of their sons, Ben, is in the pediatric intensive care unit in Colorado. The doctors are still a little unsure of exactly what's going on, but believe he has kawasaki disease. Kawasaki disease is a rare condition in children that involves inflammation of the blood vessels. He has been through a lot this week, test after test and started to do better, but is still struggling. My heart is breaking for him and for his family!
I know that many of you don't know him at all, but please keep him in your prayers. He is 9 years old and is in desperate need of your prayers.

2 comments:

Nancy Boyce said...

I am so sorry to hear that. My neighbor's little girl had it and she did recover after some scary days. I will pray for Ben.

Andrea said...

I'm so sorry Jen! I will pray for him and his family! Love ya!