Thursday, September 17, 2009

Test Results

We got the results back quickly from my doctor this afternoon, but they came back positive. This means we are very likely to have our sweet baby in the next 2 weeks. Of course, there are always some moms who make it past the 2 weeks, so we are hoping we will be an exception. We will be seeing the perinatologist in the next couple of days who will monitor little Michael, particularly his lungs and weight. Depending on how the next few days go, they will start me on steriods that will help Michael's lungs develop quicker since the biggest problem with premature babies (especially so young like Michael) is that they can't breath on their own very well or even at all sometimes. Michael continues to be healthy and definitely strong. It's almost like with each kick he's telling me, "See, I'm strong!" His heart rate is good and everything looks great via ultrasound.
We have started preparing for a quick getaway to the hospital. I have pretty much been put on bedrest, but as soon as I have 4 contractions in an hour again, I will be in the hospital most likely until Michael is born. They will put me on medication to delay labor as long as possible, but I have been told that they can only delay it up to a few weeks at most. So our bags are packed and we are trying to prepare Matthew as much as we can. We are very overwhelmed by all of this on top of our move, but continue to put our trust in the Lord and feel continued peace.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Sorry to hear about the results; we'll be praying for you all--- especially little Michael!

The Ursenbach Family said...

Stop packing and put yourself on bed rest! And let Matty know he can walk himself around for awhile! I am so sorry this is happening and you have to have this stress on top of the rest of what life offers us. I know that we were born in a time where modern medicine has a lot to offer, but yes, it is even better to trust that God has his hand in all and even in who is the doctor and what experience he has. We are praying for you and the baby!
Julie