Kaitlyn's nursery is finally ready! And I can't wait to bring her home to it! Just one thing missing....Kaitlyn! I knew I wanted to do a ballet theme, but I couldn't decide if I wanted to do pink or purple, but Scott and Matthew both wanted pink, so we went with pink with teal and gray accents. I absolutely LOVE how it turned out! Scott was an absolute trooper putting up the board and batten! He amazes me with his skills...skills we need to put to more use! :)
Here is the before:

Not too bad, just not very girly!
Here is a during picture (my hot husband at work!):
We got this for FREE on craigslist:
Got this on craigslist too:

Also just needed a coat (or 4) of paint.
Okay, so here are the after pictures of our little ballerina's room:

Here is a close up of the letters:

Here is a close up of her crib. I made the ballerina crib skirt...again a pain in the rear, but I love it! I tried finding one online, but they were all like $70. I now understand why...I will never make one again! You can see the updated bookcase and the dresser.

Here is a close up of the dresser! I think it might be my favorite piece in her room! My very talented sister Chelsey, made the sweet ballerina prints.

And last, her closet! I couldn't resist painting it and making it part of her room. I need to finish one more container for the bookcase, but I lost momentum! And I love her sweet and very girly clothes! Matthew and I can't wait to dress her up! I made the hair clip holder too!
We are all ready for you Kaitlyn! 37 weeks tomorrow...hooray! No preemie for us this time! :)





6 comments:
She is one lucky girl to be coming home to such a beautiful room, with so much thought and effort put into it from her family. Looks great, I could use your skills over here, Jen, you are seriously talented!
KAITLYN YOU NEED TO COME BY SATURDAY... so that your Aunt Chelsey can win the guessing game. And because I need to snuggle you asap.
Absolutely LOVEE what you did to the room.. I love the theme, the walls, the little details. Everything!!!
The room looks FANTASTIC! I love it. We miss you guys so much. Someday we will have to plan a trip out there to see you all.
Love it. Hope all goes well today.
The room turned out amazing! --Mindy
Post a Comment