Sunday, February 28, 2010

Mom, I wanna play hockey!

So Matthew has a new dream...play hockey! He loves sports! Any sport he can get his hands on, he is all over! And the great thing is, he catches on so quickly! But, I have to say, I was a little nervous about this particular sport, especially at 3 years old! I mean, aren't the hockey players the ones without any teeth?! But, we do not want to hold Matthew back from doing the things he wants to do, especially sports! So, we took the first step and took him ice skating! I thought it would take a while for Matthew to catch on with ice skating, but being my little athlete, this kid just caught on. He's not ice skating around by himself, but he is totally moving his feet without his legs going spread eagle! It was quite a sight to see! On the way home he told us, "I'm so good at ice skating!" We decided we are going to get this little boy into lessons as soon as we get settled (more to come on that comment later!) But here are some pictures from our fun night! It was so much fun...I definitely recommend it for a fun family outing!

I am going to be driving this kid all over to all his practices, but bring it on! I love it!



Michael was not quite as thrilled about this adventure, but he did fall asleep and stay warm in his adorable outfit! :)

We had so much fun...I can't wait to take him again! And Matthew can't wait until he's big enough to play hockey!

4 comments:

Phannie said...

yes, traditionally hockey players have no teeth, but now more and more play with a covering over their face. Less have no teeth.

And he's three. He will probably grow out of it, but if he doesn't then you will have a really fun sport to cheer him on at.

Andrea said...

I say let him do it. My nephew (Heather's 2nd) plays ice hockey and LOVES it! It is his outlet and makes his week so much better. I am pretty sure he started at like 4, maybe 5 but I am pretty sure it was 4. You can talk to my sister about it if you want!

Julie K said...

I hear false teeth are in with hockey players! Kidding! But Phannie is right, more players are deciding chicks dig teeth and wear the proper gear.

And you can always just get him one of those pucks with bearings in it and he and Scott and tear up the cement in the front yard with tennis shoes on! (Man that house on Fenmore St had the best "roller hockey" rink in the back yard didn't it Scott? The poor stucco probably was worse for wear after the Lake kids lived there!)

Generational stitcher said...

My son started asking as 2 and is now 6 and I would be SHOCKED if he ever out grew it. I swear it's in his blood somehow. Ande's right, it's his outlet and we would ALL go nuts if he didn't have it. A few notes. Learn to Skate classes are TOTALLY worth it. Hockeygiant.com is an AWESOME place to get gear cheap, especially in the spring when it's on clearance and second hand gear is fine, but buy new helmets. There's nothing that beats cheering in a hockey game unless your kid is in it. Ande's right, you can ask me anything, I'll answer what I can :)