So we had our first official visitors that had never seen our home before! Scott's mom and step-dad and family came to visit us for a week and meet our sweet little Kaitlyn. We had a lot of fun. Besides showing off our new home and giving them a little taste of CT, we did some touring of the East Coast! Here's some pictures from our week:
We had some fun at the Children's Museum. I'm not sure who had more fun, the boys or Grandpa!
Kaitlyn slept pretty much the entire time! This is a picture of her in a room with a black light.
One day we went to Boston. We saw some historical sites, but our boys enjoyed the navy ship (a destroyer I think) the best!
Pictures from the destroyer. Matthew loved the gun and Michael loved all the wheels. He went to turn every single one! And I actually caught a picture of him smiling AND looking! A very rare event!
I love this picture our our family on a boat ride. Michael isn't smiling, but he is looking! :) I sure love my family!
We did lots of driving. I think the kids did better with it than daddy did! (Thanks to the DVD player). It was an awkward car set-up, but it worked for a couple days! Can't wait to get a new car! :)
I love this picture of Michael and Kaitlyn at the hotel. We stayed at a hotel in the Berkshires for a few days. The boys love staying in hotels. I wish I had taken some pictures of them running up and down the hallways and swimming in the pool!
We drove up to Vermont one day, so that Scott's family could see the birthplace of Joseph Smith.
This is Matthew standing next to the statue of Joseph Smith in the Visitor's Center. We were told that when President Hinckley came to dedicate the statue, he said it was the most accurate statue or picture of Joseph Smith. It was cool to see.
Our family sitting on the step that lead up to Joseph's house that he was born in. The home is no longer standing, but they have this stone step. It was a great experience for my boys to see again. (And Kaitlyn too!)
On the way home we stopped at Dartmouth College because one of the missionaries at the Visitor's Center told us that they have a first edition copy of the Book of Mormon that they let you look at if you ask. Scott and I had seen one before, but it was fun to show it to Matthew and Scott's family loved it! Of course, we played some ball! It was a beautiful campus.
Some more pictures from Dartmouth.
On the way home from the Berkshires, we stopped at a waterfall. The boys had a blast throwing rocks in the water. It's actually a beautiful spot. Scott and I want to go back soon!
You can see how excited Michael got! It's the simple things in life! Every time he threw a rock in the water, he'd say: "I did it!" So fun!
And this is Matthew in front of the waterfall.
Thanks Grandma and Grandpa for a great visit!
Anyone else want to come visit? :)























2 comments:
We should take a day with the kids and have a picnic up at Kent Falls!
I want to come visit you! I miss you tons! Your family is SOO cute!
Post a Comment