Yesterday I had an appointment with one of the many doctors I saw in the hospital. She was concerned about all the contractions that I continue to have, but luckily, I'm still sitting at 1 cm. I'm glad that I haven't progressed any further, but the contractions are exhausting, so it's almost discouraging that they aren't doing anything, but good at the same time! Scott reassures me that it's the medication doing what it's suppose to do! Michael continues to grow healthy and strong which I'm SO grateful for! So we just press forward! I'm still on strict bedrest which is absolute torture...I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy! Thank goodness my mom is here to take care of Matthew otherwise I don't know what I would do! I love having her here! It's so nice to socialize with an adult all day! :) Matthew is so happy she is here...he doesn't even seem to notice that I am a loser sitting on the couch all day! I wish that we could go out and do fun things while she is here, but I guess we'll save that for another time! I will post pictures later of some of the fun things Matthew and his Granin have been up to!
I appreciate the love and concern of friends and family and the many calls I have received! I am completely exhausted from practically being in constant labor that it's really hard for me to get back to everyone. I am emotionally and physically worn out that it's actually hard for me to talk about everything! I will try to keep the blog updated as we know more, but for now, Michael is still hanging out where he should be. I'm pretty sure he's totally uncomfortable because he's constantly switching positions. He still tries to fight the contractions which breaks my heart! This is definitely a trial for both of us, but it's creating a bond I can't even explain! I love my tiny son so much that even though this has been the most difficult experience of my life, I would do it all again for him!
I appreciate the love and concern of friends and family and the many calls I have received! I am completely exhausted from practically being in constant labor that it's really hard for me to get back to everyone. I am emotionally and physically worn out that it's actually hard for me to talk about everything! I will try to keep the blog updated as we know more, but for now, Michael is still hanging out where he should be. I'm pretty sure he's totally uncomfortable because he's constantly switching positions. He still tries to fight the contractions which breaks my heart! This is definitely a trial for both of us, but it's creating a bond I can't even explain! I love my tiny son so much that even though this has been the most difficult experience of my life, I would do it all again for him!

6 comments:
I am glad you are doing well! I had a doctor appt yesterday and it made me wonder how you were doing. Do they have any idea how big he is right now? Our little guy is already 3 lbs 6 oz, so I am guessing that Micheal is bigger. It is truely a blessing that you have made it this far and I know that it is your faith and the prayers that have made it so for you! We love you and keep you in our thoughts and prayers!
My prayers are with you Jen. I do know how you feel being on complete bed rest combined with pain. People will say things like, "Oh, I would love to be able to lay around in bed all day watching TV, etc." but they just don't understand that it just really play SUCKS! Love you and that little guy!
My prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there....I know what strict bedrest was like...I had to do it for 2 1/2 months with Noah...he wanted to come at 27 weeks...did the meds...I too would do it all over again for him!
I'm just glad you are a truly wonderful mother and are willing to make sacrifices so that he can make a healthy entrance into this world. I couldn't imagine what you are going through, but I am proud that you are willing to go through the discomfort and boredom and feelings. I'm sure by now that TV is boring, no books sound amazing and every board/card game sounds totally off. I hope a bunch of sitting down hobbies come your way and that they can be enjoyable for you. Good luck and we are praying for you!
Hi there - we have been praying for you! We're so glad little Michael is still cookin'! Hang in there.... We look forward to seeing you with your new little one!
-Bryan & Heather Lake
Jen! You are an incredible Mommy!! Hang in there! We love you lots!
Post a Comment