Monday, July 9, 2012

Before and After #2: The Kitchen

I have had the kitchen done since the fall, but didn't take pictures because there were some small details I wanted to do before I posted, but since I still haven't done them yet, I decided to just update the pictures later, so here's our before: (Awful!  Dreadfully awful!)


And the after:


I am so happy with how it turned out!  It was SO much work!  Those awful cabinets had probably not been cleaned in 20+ years, but it was all well worth it!  I even painted the countertop with a special countertop paint.  I can't wait to replace the floor and the dishwasher and stove, but it's a major improvement so far!  My wonderful sisters helped me with frame collage!  I got all the frames from Goodwill and spray painted them.  And my best friend Anne helped me paint...it took me forever to get just the right color!  I really love my kitchen!  It's perfect for me!  Right now I am getting ready to start our "homework desk" since we are about to enter the elementary school world (shocking I know!)  I will update when I get more done!  I love our home!  It's not perfect...but it's ours! :)

3 comments:

Chelsey said...

Night and day difference. I love your kitchen! I forgot what it had looked like before.

Mindy said...

great job! i love the color on the cabinets in the after pictures.

Mindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.