Last night, we took Matthew to Build a Bear Workshop and let him build a stuffed animal for Michael. When each of my sisters were born, my parents took me to buy a gift for them to give them when they were born. My mom then bought a gift for them to give to me. I don't actually remember this, but my mom told me that I was so excited when Chelsey gave me a present when she was born. I have actually been looking forward to taking Matthew to do this for a while and since little Michael could make his appearance at any time, we decided we should do it sooner rather than later. Matthew was SO excited all day yesterday when I told him what we were going to do! He kept asking me, "Are you excited Mama?" I would say, "Yes, Matthew, I'm very excited. Are you excited?" He would reply, "Yes, Matthew is very excited!"
When we got there, we let Matthew pick the animal he wanted to stuff for Michael (except, I did have to do some persuading that maybe we shouldn't get the pink bear!). He picked a cute bear and he was very excited! (I apologize for the quality of pictures...I couldn't figure out the coloring problem!)

Can you see how excited he was?! :)

Then he stuffed it and put a heart in it! (He was being very shy and wouldn't smile because the lady was talking to him!)

The stuffed product! He was so cute about it the whole night...he was genuinely excited to make something for his baby brother!

Then we dressed the bear...Matthew wanted to do baseball (shocking) and Scott helped him pick an Angels outfit (which I'm still not sure how I feel about, but both of them were excited).


And of course no baseball bear would be complete without the cleats (all Scott!)

Tying the shoes was very serious...you can see how much Matthew is concentrating! :)

The finished product!

Matthew insisted on carrying it out himself even though the box house was half his size! He was very proud!

This morning at breakfast he say, "Hey mom, guess what I have? A bear special for Michael!" It was so fun to watch him get so excited to make something for Michael! I can't wait to see Matthew give it to him! (And I'm even more excited to see Matthew's face when he sees the gift Michael got him!) Hopefully this will be a gift that Michael will treasure from Matthew as he gets older...and more importantly, hopefully Michael likes baseball! :)
When we got there, we let Matthew pick the animal he wanted to stuff for Michael (except, I did have to do some persuading that maybe we shouldn't get the pink bear!). He picked a cute bear and he was very excited! (I apologize for the quality of pictures...I couldn't figure out the coloring problem!)
Can you see how excited he was?! :)
Then he stuffed it and put a heart in it! (He was being very shy and wouldn't smile because the lady was talking to him!)
The stuffed product! He was so cute about it the whole night...he was genuinely excited to make something for his baby brother!
Then we dressed the bear...Matthew wanted to do baseball (shocking) and Scott helped him pick an Angels outfit (which I'm still not sure how I feel about, but both of them were excited).
And of course no baseball bear would be complete without the cleats (all Scott!)
Tying the shoes was very serious...you can see how much Matthew is concentrating! :)
The finished product!
Matthew insisted on carrying it out himself even though the box house was half his size! He was very proud!
This morning at breakfast he say, "Hey mom, guess what I have? A bear special for Michael!" It was so fun to watch him get so excited to make something for Michael! I can't wait to see Matthew give it to him! (And I'm even more excited to see Matthew's face when he sees the gift Michael got him!) Hopefully this will be a gift that Michael will treasure from Matthew as he gets older...and more importantly, hopefully Michael likes baseball! :)

7 comments:
oh my goodness he is just so gosh dang cute! I just want to hug him and squeeze him and tell him how proud of him I am for being such a great big brother!
By the way.. I'm pretty sure the coloring issue on your camera was your white balance setting... just a little FYI from a total camera geek.
What a wonderful family tradition!
Jen! I am so happy to hear that your still pushing along and things are going extremely well for you and your family! I pray that he keeps on cookin' :) Your little boy is so cute. I love being able to get a quick catch up on your life!!!
I love this blog. Matthew is so cute and it's quite apparent that Michael won't get a choice about whether or not he likes baseball or any other sports for that matter. I'm sure Scott and Matthew will recruit him before he can walk. Love you and glad to hear you're still hanging in there.
Way to go with the "Angels" team on the bear...tell Matthew good job! Uncle Tony will be so excited. We just bought Angels gear for our little man, too. Jen, that is an awesome tradition that you and Scott are starting. I can tell that is has definitely helped Matthew be even more excited for Michael to come. We love you lots!
Awww! Matthew's gonna be an awesome big brother!!!
Matthew is so cute! We're excited for you guys! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment